- Attorney at Law– San Carlos University, Guatemala City, Guatemala (2001)
- Bachelor in Legal & Social Sciences– San Carlos University, Guatemala City, Guatemala (2001)
- Graduate- Ministry Worker School, District #3– Izabal, Guatemala (1997)
- Business Administrator– Business Administration Institute, Zacapa, Guatemala (1994)
- Clinical Pastoral Care, Avera Mackennan Hospital and University Health Center
- Additional Studies– Ministry Department, Guatemala, LifeSpring School of Ministry
Oscar is a native of Guatemala where he was active in a variety of ministry contexts while pursuing a legal career. He has taught extensively for the District Board #3 Ministry Worker School in Guatemala and also served as the Secretary of District Board #3. Oscar’s dedication to ministry was honored by his selection to serve as the Guatemalan delegate to the International Ministerial Congress. In Guatemala, Oscar pastored a congregation in Zacapa prior to relocating to the United States where he planted and pastors the Spanish-speaking church in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Oscar also serves on the License and Credentials Committee of the North American Ministerial Council.